AMATEUR MIXED FOURSOMES - SCRATCH COMPETITION
1. The competition shall be open to all clubs within the Leicestershire and Rutland Golf Union and the Leicestershire and Rutland Ladies’ County Golf Association. All players to be current bona fide members of the club they are representing.
2. Entries shall be in pairs, each comprising a male member and a lady member of the club entering the competition. BOTH PLAYERS MUST BE AMONG THE LOWEST HANDICAPS IN THE CLUB. Combined handicap limit 24. The draw will be made in two categories. Only the qualifying pair may play in the semi final. No substitutes allowed.
3. The competition shall consist of an 18-hole medal play qualifying round, followed by match play for the four best GROSS SCORES. There will be an automatic draw for the match play; a semi-final and final, both over 18 holes, played on the same day. The pair qualifying for 5th place to be asked to be reserves for the final day. If required to play, they will take the last qualifying position. All other pairs affected will move up one place.
4. The Baxter Trophy shall be won by the winning pair of finalists. The trophy to be held by the winning club for one year.
5. Prizes to be awarded for the best gross and 1st and 2nd nett scores in the qualifying round. All pairs qualifying for the match play to receive a prize. A team may not take both gross and nett prizes.
6. In the event of a tie – if ties not decided by card play-off over last 9, 6, 3, 1 holes then go to first 9, 6, 3, 1 holes.
7. The competition shall be run by the Leicestershire and Rutland Ladies’ County Golf Association, who shall settle any disputes and whose decision shall be final. R & A Rules to apply together with local rules of the course where the event takes place.
8. There shall be an entry fee for each pair. This will not be refunded if the team is withdrawn after the draw is made.
9. In the event of the course being unplayable on the qualifying day and unavailable for the following week the competition shall be abandoned.
10. In the event of the course being unplayable for the semi-final and final then the matches must be played on the first available Sunday.
11. In the event of the matches being all square after 18 holes in the semi-final or final, sudden death will apply, commencing at the 1st hole with the first tee shots being taken by the same player as in the round just completed.
12. Sit-on motorised carts and buggies may only be used in strict compliance with the County Transportation Policy.
Revised June 2017 Current Baxter Trophy-Rules.doc