1. Only members of the County Association are eligible.
2 . Members should have a Handicap Index of 18.0 or less at the date of entry (Handicap Index limit for the competition is 18.0).
3. Draw to be in handicap categories.
4. The Championship shall consist of two 18 hole qualifying rounds followed by match play. Players may opt to only play in the qualifying rounds, but must declare their intention prior to entering. The qualifying rounds and the match play shall be played in accordance with the rules of the R&A Club.
(NB: Courtesy rounds prior to the competition are at the discretion of the Host Club.)
5. In the event of a tie, the decision will be made on the last 18 holes, and the last 9,6,3,1 of the last 18 holes.
6. The first 8 best scores, excluding those who have opted to only play in the qualifying rounds, qualify for the Championship, for which there will be an automatic draw. The next 8 scores qualify for the Russell Trophy, for which there will be an automatic draw. The draw shall be posted as soon as possible after the termination of play. In the event of a withdrawal after the draw has been made, the player with the next best score will be added to the knockout rounds. The draw will remain in rank order.
7. Each match will consist of one round of 18 holes except the Championship final which will be played over 36 holes comprising two rounds of 18 holes. The round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won.
8. A player may not take both the gross and the nett prizes.
(Net prizes will be based on a Handicap Allowance of 95% x Course Handicap)
9. The County Champion will represent the County at the EG Champion of Champions competition.
The Senior Champion at the County Championship will be the senior player (50 or over on the first day of competition) with the lowest gross score over the 36 holes of the qualifying day. That player will represent the County at the Senior Champion of Champions competition, unless they are also the winner of the County Championship, in which case they may choose whether to represent the County in the Champion of Champions or the Senior Champion of Champions. In this case, the County will only have representation in one of these Champion of Champions' competitions, as replacements for the Champion are not permitted.
10. All disputes during the Championship shall be settled by the Executive Committee whose decision shall be final.
11. Motorised sit-on carts/buggies may only be used in strict compliance with the County Transportation Policy.
12. In the event of withdrawal from the competition within 7 days of the commencement of the competition entry fees will not be refunded.
Best gross score over 36 holes. In the event of a tie, the decision will be made over the last 18,9,6,3,1
Updated February 2023